125 hold your breath, little lungs

togetherness



is my favorite word

a day spent with a best friend, laughs and smiles and secretive glances at cute strangers, that chlorine smell and new tan lines and messy wet hair and squinty eyes. later, hoofbeats at night, that thunder rumbling through the earth, a muzzle brushing my hand as my horse takes an apple. now a warm cup of chai tea with milk and honey, chords from acoustic songs reminding me of everything i would have missed out on if i had given in. a reason to wake up in the morning, knowing there is always something so beautiful just around the corner.

the rest of my life is ahead of me, not looming or threatening, just promising.

simply stated... i am happy right now. and for the first time in a long time, i'm not afraid of these feelings.

Popular posts from this blog

155 i want to know what you think

237 ssssssskin